Inspection & Documentation
The following services & procedures are conducted for all fire/smoke damper projects, all services & procedures can be adjusted in accordance to the clients needs:
How We Work
- Picture of damper in its current state “Before”.
- Clean each damper of any debris that would impede normal operation.
- Lubricate damper track.
- Removal of fusible link.
- Picture of damper in its closed state “After”.
- If the fusible link is damaged, painted or the incorrect rating it shall be replaced with a new fusible link.
- If the damper is a smoke and combination type damper the power source shall be removed from its actuator in order to verify damper closure.
- If the testing of the damper fails or is inaccessible a best solutions recommendation will be given for correction at a later time.
- Solutions to inaccessible dampers; installation of access doors, relocation of dampers, rated wall reconfiguration, fire rated duct insulation, etc…
- Damper assessment spreadsheet detailing damper ID#, location, ductwork size, damper type, fusible link rating, pass/fail status, correction recommendation, and additional comments.
- Quarterly project progress reports will be generated for client updating and oversight.